Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thursday's Dream Schemes/April Challenge-Brings May Flowers & Weddings

This month we are celebrating Spring. April showers bring May flowers and of course weddings galore! I know that we are not being really specific, but it gives you the opportunity to interpret this challenge in several different ways. Loved all of your cards this past month with the CAS (Clean and Simple) March challenge and I expect to see some of that going on this month too. Scroll to the bottom of this post to see what you could win for playing along. Again we will give away two stencils to #1 the best interpretation of the challenge and #2 best usage of Dreamweaver products.


Also next week April 9-14 we will be doing a blog with the Stampendous design team. I have gotten a sneak preview of some of the cards and they have blown me away. (We have some overachievers on the two teams...hehehe.) So be sure to hop back over here on the 9th and start hopping and leaving comments ...there will be a couple of nice prizes and leaving comments on these blog hops gives you an opportunity to win. Definitely worth the hopping you'll be doing between the two teams. Besides the cards will be really fun to see, can't wait myself. 


Now I have to admit that the post for today is a creation of Louise Healy and has been posted before on her blog. But her creation just happens to say "this is the epitome of spring" and I couldn't resist posting it again on my blog. "Thanks Louise!" 


A card like this could be used for many occasions. She dry embossed the black-eyed susan stencil (LJ902). Next she stenciled it with Brilliance inks and then after she removed the stencil she put glue in the centers of the flowers and sprinkled dark tea on them. (She had some older tea bags around and thought the tea would work on one of her creations, so she recycled it instead of tossing them...great idea Louise!) Another great tip is that since she only had white ribbon in her ribbon box she colored it with Copic markers to match her flowers. I this is a great CAS card too, don't you think?


We are going to have two prizes for the April challenge. So view them at the end of my blog. Don't forget to make the rounds and see what the rest of the team has done with this wedding and/or flower challenge. Don't forget to link up to mr. linky and play along with us. If you don't have a blog or somewhere to link up your creation, just email me a picture of your creation and I will share it for you. My email is lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com



Jessie Hurley




Stencils to win (not shown to scale):






13 comments:

Louise said...

Thanks for posting my card Lynell, and for your kind words. This card has always been a favorite of mine, I love that stencil!

Laura Drahozal said...

Very nice card Louise. The tea idea was BRILLIANT! I might have to use that some time. This card is just such a pretty and springy thing. It was a great choice for Lynell to use today.

Cherylynn said...

Such a pretty card. Now I need to get me that stencil as well!

Pam Hornschu said...

Definitely a "Louise" card! Bright and Springy!

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

Awesome Card. I am enjoying the the flowers and all the bright colors! Great card!

Wendy said...

I love the Black Eyed Susan stencil. This is just beautiful. I hope you have a Happy Easter!

Anne Temple said...

Love the look of these bright cheerful flowers. I've linked one too.

Golda said...

That is a gorgeous card. I only had one Dreamweaver Stencil that would work for this challenge, so I made a wedding card that I linked. Lots of fun!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Hi Golda, I am so excited that you are playing with us this month. However somehow the link has gone astray. If you get the chance could you link the card again....THanks again!

rose s. said...

very pretty and springlike. the tea is a great idea and i bet it smelled good too.

Golda said...

Lynell, I re-linked to the blog post, but when I clicked on either one it takes me right to the blog post. It is the Tri-Fold Foil card with the Dreamweaver hanging heart stencil.

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Love the cheerfully springy card! I've added a card to the group.

Alison said...

Another great challenge that pushed me a bit! I don't normally work with a lot of flowers, but thankfully, I had the perfect stencil for this.
Beautiful sample above. I love sunflowers, and that ribbon is so sweet!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive