Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May Challenge/Black and White with a POP!!

Joy Hauck: Black and White with a POP!
Joy Hauck has joined us this month with this beautiful ginger jar vase (LG626) done in black and white with just a POP of gold in the center of the calla stencil (LL376). She recently took a class from Marie Browning. They first positioned the design onto cardstock and then pounced graphite through the vase design. Then the calla lily stencil was placed onto the vase and using an eraser they removed the graphite to make the white lilies creating this beautiful effect. I think the yellow gold is a glitter/glue added at the end. If you have anything to add Joy, please let us know your thoughts in today's comments.


This coming Thursday will be our last day for black and white with a POP! and/or graduations. So again I invite you to join us, feel free to email me at lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com and I will be happy to blog your creation like I did for Joy. Or you can link your blog with us below on Mr. Linky.


We will be giving away two stencils LS90 Celebrate and LG713 Amsterdam Flourish...prize#1 is for best interpretation of the challenge and prize #2 is best usage of Dreamweaver products and stencils.


Thanks to all who attended my classes this weekend in Poway. On June 8/9 I will be starting a teaching trip with my first class of the trip at Stamp it Rich in Placerville CA. More details on the Washington classes soon Also Rebekka will be doing a cruise to Mexico teaching Dreamweaver Stencils in October. More details on that this week too.



2 comments:

Louise said...

Wow Joy this is stunning! I love the dimension you've created with your shading. Just beautiful!

JD/ Jill said...

What a fabulous project...turned out so great!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive