Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I NEED a Snowstorm Today!!!


Wow it is steamy hot here in Southern California, so I am very happy to share a little snow with you today. Marilyn Cordell emailed me this lovely card and after the joy of getting it I think we should make "Christmas in August" a blog tradition here at Dreamweaver. LOL!

When I first saw this card I thought she had done the Double Glitter Technique, but when I read her instructions this is how she achieved her look:

#1.   She embossed the snowflakes in the background onto a metallic blue cardstock. I am sure she used an embossing folder, but you can also use your snowflake background stencil ( LJ819) through any embossing machine. Feel free to email me if you want the instructions for the proper stacking method, using this will insure that you don't bend your stencil. lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com

#2.   The black background behind the snowflake is actually glitter paper. She used the Matte Black Embossing Paste (DMBP) and paste-embossed the snowflake (LL399) and after she removed the stencil and while it was still wet she sprinkled it with glitter.

What could be more simple? You too can do this...and you can also email me a card you may want to share for any of our upcoming challenges.

You could win a stencil prize! The entries are judged by artist Wayne Harlow and he chooses one that is best interpretation of the challenge and the second winner is chosen for best use of Dreamweaver products. Just link your creation to  mr. linky below or if you don't have a blog  just email me your creation and I will blog about it for you. lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com

Here is the prize for this month's winners...a new design (LJ921) Heart Ornaments.







3 comments:

Louise said...

Wonderful card Marilyn! It definately gives of a "cool" vibe!

Terrece said...

WOW! Beautiful card. Your embossing is great. Love the background. Great job!

sommrstamping said...

Marilyn Gorgeous card and I love the technique with the glitter paper and love the embossed snowflakes on the background.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive